Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Reading Books - my another passion

One more passion to which I am addicted is reading a lot of books. I am a bookwork. I read a lot of general and self help books. I have collection of some wonderful books. Whenever I go to some book stall I buy some book. Even my mom scolds me for that :-). Some of my favorite books are:

2 states by Chetan Bhagat
This is a love story between a girl and boy who are from two different states. You can surely have a lot of fun reading it. It has some wonderfully written hilarious and romantic lines.

I too had a love story by Rabinder Singh
This is another wonderful romantic book, written in a very simple language. Written so passionately it will take you into the story. You will surely feel the chills and thrills of the romantic, humorous and emotions of the story.

Why men don't agree and women can't read maps by Allan and Barbar Pease
This is a superb book, I loved it so much I completed the whole 300 pages in one day. The authors, based on scientific evidences clearly explain why men and women are like what they are. They also explain it in evolutionary, biological, genetical and biochemical basis. It's a kind of scientific facts explained in a layman's language. Was a superb experience reading this book.

CoNNECT THE DoTS by Rashmi Bansal
This is a book about some 20+ enterprenuers. Each chapter of the book is the experience of an enterprenuer. It has stories of some well known brands like CROSSWORD, CASHURDRIVE, VETA, Su-kam etc.,. A must read for people aspiring to be an entrepreneur.

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
This is a romantic novel that has been made into a successful film. I have seen the movie too. It tops the list of romantic movies on most of the sites. But reading the book was much better than the film. After all you can included multiple emotions in written form which is not possible in a film. So, if you are in a really romantic mood or want to get into it is really the most recommended book by me.

Robin Sharma collection
Robins Sharmas books are mostly about self help. "The Monk Who Sold his Ferrari" is a story of a boy. This story is very inspirational and through out the story it gives us beautiful messages. The series of books that were written later by Robin were all like books on leadership, motivation, life lessons etc.., His latest "The Leader Who Had No Title" was also a good one. All these books will surely give you a lot of boost to become a better individual and also a good leader.

Chetan Bhagat collection
Chetan Bhagat books are all general stories written in a very expressive way in a very simple language. All these books are great for improving your english as well as there are a few part of the book where you will surely get completely involved in the story. The best for a time pass.
The books so far by him are "one night @ the call centre", "Five Point Someone", "Three Mistakes of My Life" and "2 States".

Never read books of John Grisham, Sidney Sheldon, JKRowling, Dan Brown and a few others. Am looking forward to read these books. Post any recommendations if you have.

Have a great day. Byeeeeeeee :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment