Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

Revolution 2020


Another master piece from Chetan Bhagat. I pre ordered it from Flipkart and got it on a Friday evening (October 7, 2011). I had to travel a bit that weekend, so thought I would keep it for the trip. So the next day morning I started reading it. And the book was so good I read 200 pages in 4 hrs from Vizag to Rajahmundry. I was feeling, why didn’t my bus got one hour late so that I could have completed the remaining 90+ pages. Definitely it’s the book which arrested me the most so far. The conversations and chats between Gopal and Aarti are beautiful and shows unknowingly how much thinking goes into a boy girl conversations/chats. Chetan gives some of his how to handle girls tips through those conversations/chats ;). The portraying of good and bad attributes of the same character was extraordinary and my little experience in reading says it's a rare thing to experience in Indian books. Girls who relate themselves with Aarti might feel bad, but the confusing portrayal of Aarti is the base for weaving such a beautiful plot. The entire plot is beautiful and the ending 30 pages is absolutely arresting. The ending is a moving one. The confusion created in the readers mind - of how the story is going to end, was cleared off by such an appealing unexpected ending. Though I think some people might have a different opinion, I would say it’s a beautiful ending. But I think Chetan must himself also be a bit unsatisfied with the ending. The portrayal of scenes is beautiful. The amount of research that must have gone into it can clearly be felt during all the sections that involve GangaTech as well as Varanasi and Kota. Finally I believe it’s a must read for all the book lovers. Youth would also like it because of the little cheeky chats and the romance between Aarti and Gopal. The reader wont notice how quickly we walk past through some 10+ years of the characters. The molding of the characters is superb. Chetan touches aspects like career, marriage, love, development, corruption, education and many more in a single story. You can experience all this in the beautiful revolution in Indian writing - "REVOLUTION 2020 - LOVE.CORRUPTION.AMBITION"

No comments:

Post a Comment